Shop the largest online collection of authentic vintage wallpapers from the 1930s to the 1980s.
Browse the collection using the menu below :
Use the Favorite button to add items to your wishlist.
Vintage Wallpapers is an online shop that sells authentic vintage wallpapers, fabrics and self-adhesive papers from the 1920s to 1980s.
All products come from dead stock, we do not sell reproductions.
The warehouse in located in Ghent, Belgium. You can visit us on appointment.
Our Collection of Wallpapers:
All wallpapers in our collection are double rolls of 10 meter (33 feet) length.
Unless stated differently.
1 roll covers 5 m2 which equals 53,8 ft². No loss included, standard loss is 7%.
All wallpapers in our collection are in good condition.
Each roll is inspected once more before shipment.
Our Collection of Fabrics:
We have a limited collection of authentic vintage fabrics for sale.
Some are by meter and some are sold as coupon.
Our Collection of Self-adhesive papers
We have a collection of vintage 70s & 80s self-adhesive vinyls and velvet papers.
These are sold by meter.
There are two types of wall covering Wallpapers and Vinyl Wallpapers
Types of Wallpaper
Types of Vinyl wallpaper
Wall covering is available in many different styles:
The periodes in Contemporary Wallpaper
1920s – 1940s Wallpapers: Wallpaper produced by block printing. Cut-out borders and decorative panels featuring geometric or floral patterns combined with lightly embossed, plain or semi-plain backgrounds.
1950s-1960s Wallpapers : The start of mass production and design movement of the 1950s featured less fussy effects. A new style was born characterized with flat, linear patterns and abstract geometric motifs, invigorated by an explosion of bright colour and fascinating Pop designs in the 1960s. Mass production and new processes led to the first pre-trimmed and ready-pasted papers appeared, quickly followed by laminated papers, metallic finishes and vinyl wallpapers.
1970s-1980s Wallpapers : The late 1970s and 1980s represented a high point for many wallpaper manufacturers when sales were strong and designs were bold and modern. But the oil crisisled to a significant reduction in the size of the industry world-wide, with many firms going out of business or being taken over by large international corporations. Faster and lower quality of production led to the end of its popularity.
A wallpaper roll usually is 10 meter (33 feet) long and 0,53 meter (20,8 inches) wide.
One roll covers 5 m2 which equals 53,8 ft².
Our Bank details are :
Company: Stuko bvba
Company address : Poortakkerstraat 1A, 9051 Sint-Denijs Westrem. Belgium
Iban: BE86 6711 1377 8950
Swiff Bank: EURBBE99
Return products to our shop
Just send us a message with the wallpaper number together with your question and we’ll do our best to help out.
You can use a wallpaper calculator to calculate how many rolls you need for your project:
How to hang wallpaper? Just follow these 6 simple steps:
1. Prepare the surface for wallpapering: fill cracks with a filler, and equalize the wall. Let everything dry and sand smooth. Possibly you might give the surface a primer layer in the color of the wallpaper.
2. Cut all the strips of wallpaper to the right length and put them next to each other. When cutting don’t forget taking the pattern into account. To be sure that the strips are long enough, take a 20cm allowance at the top and bottom of each strip.
3. Glue the surface with wallpaper paste, for this use a wallpaper brush. Be generous with the glue and spread them as evenly as possible over the surface. Spread the glue wider out than the width of the wallpaper strip.
4. Apply the first strip of wallpaper and press down firmly with a wallpaper roller.
5. Glue the remaining strips of wallpaper with good connections along each edge. Remove adhesive residue immediately with a damp cloth.
6. Cut off the excess wallpaper at the top and bottom.
Do you have more questions about how to hang wallpaper? Feel free to contact us via mail or chat with us on this website.
© Vintage Wallpapers 2019 - Poortakkerstraat 1A - 9051 Ghent (Belgium) - +32 (0)477 980 355 - email@example.com - BE 0400.175.676